Accounting Assistant II
Performs well defined repetitive duties in maintaining accounting, financial and payroll records.
- Performs well-defined, repetitive bookkeeping/accounting duties that fall under the standard policies and procedures of the department.
- Makes decisions that fall within the standard polices and procedures of the department. Most important questions outside the normal policies and procedures are referred to the supervisor.
- Explains general policies concerning payroll, petty cash, transfer vouchers, travel expenses, and advises on proper processing procedures.
- Prepares voucher authorizations; disburses checks; verifies payroll data, purchase orders, and other forms for final processing.
- Posts to journals, ledgers, or unit records using standardized routines or system- wide electronic system.
- May supervise and coordinate work of designated personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree with one-two years bookkeeping/accounting experience. Two years of experience equates to one year of post-high school education.