Accounting Assistant I
Assists with the maintenance of accounting and financial records.
- Performs a variety of well-defined, repetitive bookkeeping duties following policies and procedures set up by the department and under direct supervision.
- Maintains and accounts for daily receipts; prepares bank deposits.
- Checks for correctness and completeness of information; assembles and prepares data for posting; prepares statements for delinquent accounts.
- Refers all questions not defined by policies and procedures to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and one year bookkeeping experience. Two years experience equates to one year of post-high school education.