Applies generally accepted accounting principles and procedures in working with specialized accounting records and reports.
- Participates in the posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Controls budget for various units and projects, determining if funds are available and expenditures properly classified; researchs and analyzes transactions to resolve budget problems; provides analysis of available funds at management’s request.
- Prepares work papers, financial statements, and various reports for federal, state, and other outside agencies as well as for internal accounting and auditing.
- Prepares funds balance projections and reviews with departments.
- Monitors and reports on the status of state and federal grants.
- Recommends or implements changes in accounting systems and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field plus three years of professional accounting experience.