Academic Support Specialist III
Assists in the supervision and coordination of the operation of teaching laboratories or tutoring programs; develops teaching materials or tutoring strategies. Assists with the training of designated students and staff.
- Confers with faculty to coordinate activities of sessions and utilization of time, equipment, and facilities.
- Prepares written materials, samples, guides, or records of activities, ensuring the efficient operation of equipment.
- Provides technical guidance and adaptive strategies concerning laboratory experiments or tutoring intervention.
- Assesses progress of laboratory or tutoring activities; suggests modification of techniques or strategies to improve end results.
- Organizes and monitors work activities; supervises utilization of facilities and ensures proper maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Reviews and recommends budget expenditures.
- Checks inventory and orders supplies; prepares, dispenses, and ensures proper disposal of chemicals, cultures, and solutions.
- Assists with recruitment, training, and supervision of designated staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school degree and five-six years experience. Two years of experience equates to one year of post-high school education.
Academic & Instructional Support