Online Zoom Webinars
Throughout the year, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to receive live training and development through online webinars hosted on Zoom technology. During these 75-minute learning sessions, participants will be able to receive training online in real time.
For the most up-to-date listing of available webinar training courses and to register online, please visit our Training Courses page. You may also register for courses by calling EOD at 865-974-6657.
Once registered for the Zoom webinar, participants will receive a link via email to join the learning event. Once in the online environment, participants will synch with the instructor and other participants for the 75-minute session.
All webinars will use Zoom technology, so please become familiar with this technology if it is new to you.
Information to campus Zoom information are located below:
- UT System, UTK, UTSI, and IPS: https://oit.utk.edu/instructional/tools/liveonline/Pages/zoom-getting-started.aspx
- Memphis/UTHSC: https://academic.uthsc.edu/tlc/academictech/zoom/gettingstarted.php
- Chattanooga/UTC: http://www.utc.edu/walker-center-teaching-learning/classroom-technology/zoom.php
- Extension and Institute of Agriculture/UTIA: https://ag.tennessee.edu/ITS/Pages/zoom.aspx
If you will be joining the webinar from your laptop, desk, mobile device, or any location other than the open training room there is some preparation that is highly suggested that you complete prior to our session:
- Check your audio and video prior to every training session. Contact your campus information technology office if you encounter any issues.
- OIT encourages you to work from the most up to date Zoom client prior to our session by visiting zoom.us/download#client_4meeting.
- Make sure that you have an activated Zoom account.
- If you are joining the session on a personal electronic device, a robust wireless network enhances your experience.
- Reminder to turn off all items open on your computer that you will not be using during the training session.